Teamwork – to find out what happens when we spread force over a larger area. Good science investigations with lots of fun experiments.
Our Floating on Air workshop is a great favourite because it packs a lot of scientific investigations into the hour and includes balloons. The workshop works for both KS1 and KS2. Your children experiment with the following concepts:
- Surface Area – the size of a two-dimensional surface.
- Force – push or pull energy given to one object by another.
- Pressure – a measure of force based on an object’s surface area.
- Pascals – the unit of measurement for pressure.
- To understand the effect surface area has on pressure.
Using balloons, pumps and nails young scientists love to take part in practical investigations.Add to shortlist